Media designers, media artists, IT developers, tech people, programmers, communications and product designers, scientists, engineers and project managers all work hand in hand at ART+COM Studios. Projects are developed from their individual contexts in small, multidisciplinary teams. We are motivated by our ambition to push boundaries and, together, to create the new.
ART+COM Research explores the areas of application of digital technologies, both independently and in cooperation with companies and institutions. We develop new forms of expression of a computer-assisted future and design models of communication and interaction at the interface of man and technology.
We are looking for a Designer (f/m/d) for our R&D projects at our ART+COM office in Berlin.
Methodically-led Design Development for our research projects. In particular:
– Use of Human-Centered Design Methods
– Preparation and facilitation of interdisciplinary workshops, for the in-house team and with external partners
– Implementation of research results within the design development and
– Participation in the acquisition of research projects (input for research proposals, etc.).
Applying an iterative, interdisciplinary design development process through
– Independent management of our R&D projects throughout the entire lifecycle – from concept to implementation
– Creation and evaluation of prototypes (user tests, etc.)
– Close interdisciplinary cooperation with project partners of other research institutions, as well as with our internal departments
Software development and content and concept development, including
– Design of visual concepts / Media Design
– Creative direction for the UX / UI Design
– Clear definition of goals and scopes
– Presentation and communication of projects to stakeholders
– Min. of 1 year work experience in a similar position
– A deep understanding of design and technology trends
– Strong knowledge and experience in the development of digital products and the target-oriented application of appropriate frameworks
– Knowledge and application of methods for accompanying innovation processes
– Experience in the conception and design of integrated UX/UI projects
– Sound Adobe CC knowledge
– Willingness to take on responsibility
– Systematic and structured work approach
– Solid communication skills
– Team player
The willingness to be employed on a fixed-term basis for a limited period of one year (with the option of extension) must be given.
Completed studies in Interaction Design or UX/UI Design (or equivalent training)
We are looking for a Designer (m/f/d) who can enrich our team with a high level of interest and an open mind for activities in the field of research, while skillfully walking the line between innovation and orientation of requirements.
A background in UX/UI, as well as knowledge and experience in Human-Centered Design is of advantage.
ART+COM Research creates innovative application contexts for the use of digital technologies. In our research and development projects we design new paradigms for successful human-technology interaction. Our concepts and prototypes are developed iteratively by interdisciplinary teams and in close cooperation with our partners from academic and non-academic research institutions and are tested with future users.
Our goal is to translate the latest scientific findings to a concept that is technologically advanced and at the same time accessible and aesthetically sophisticated.
The areas of application of our research projects are diverse. For example, we have already equipped a treatment room for intensive care at the Charité in Berlin with a media ceiling that has a cognitively stimulating, stress-relieving and anxiety-relieving effect on patients, thus improving the healing process. In two current, further projects from the MedTech sector, we are investigating the use of new sensor technologies and the possibilities of movement tracking in connection with personalized feedback.
The topic of “AI” also plays an important role in our projects. We are continuously researching, among other things, possible applications of machine learning for the support of digital curating. For this purpose, we are developing a platform that enables users to easily search for large amounts of digital content and visualize their results in meaningful structure for further use.
We look forward to your support!